192.168.1.1 is a default IP Address which acts as access point or gateway for most of the ADSL modems like Linksys, TP-Link, NETGEAR, Asus etc. 192.168.1.1 IP is mainly used for router configuration purpose. 192.168.1.1 has Access to WPS, Network settings, Forwarding, WAN, LAN, ADSL, Dynamic DNS, System Tools.
What is 192.168.1.1?
192.168.1.1 is used to make changes or configure your WiFi Router. 192.168.1.1 is a gateway, where we need to enter default Username and Password details which are provided inside or back side of router package box. Providing the details will give access to Wifi router administrator panel.
Step-By-Step Process to Login Into 192.168.1.1
- Firstly, you need to enter 192.168.1.1 or http://192.168.1.1 in your browser’s address bar. Use Any browser (Google Chrome, FireFox, Safari, Opera, IE)
- Hit enter button and 192.168.l.l admin page loads in few seconds.
- If the page didn’t load, then your router’s login IP address is different. (Find Router IP Address)
- Provide Username and Password details of your Wifi router.
- Generally, you can Find Default Router Username and Password details provided backside of your router or router package box.
- Once you log in, WIFI admin panel appears where you can make changes to router configuration.
- If in case you changed the default username/password details, follow the below instructions which will guide you to recover them quickly.
Find Default Admin Username and Password of Your Wifi Router
To log in to admin panel at 192.168.l.l, you need credentials. Find your router Brand and Click on it to find your wifi router’s default username and password in the below list.
Can’t Access 192.168.1.1?
Many cannot access 192.168.1.1 IP address wireless router. It may be due to the following reasons.
- Check whether you have entered (http://192.168.1.1) correct address or not. Sometimes by mistake, you might have entered http://192.168.l.l which is incorrect.
- Not all router’s default IP address is 192.168.1. 1. Some router’s address has different default address.
Checkout : How to Recover WiFi Password
How to Reset Router Password using 192.168.1.1
Follow this procedure for Host Address 192.168.l.l Admin Login Password Change.
- Don’t know my router password. If you Forgot my username and password or can’t remember username or password, then you have only one single way to recover it.
- It is to Reset the router factory settings, which will erase the present login details and replace it with old default login details.
- You can simply do this by holding the Reset Button for 20 seconds which is present at the backside of router box.
- The router get’s restarted by giving you lights blinking indication which means factory settings have successfully reset.
Hope we have solved your problem or issues by providing a guide for 192.168.1.1 Admin Login & Password Change. Let me know if you if your facing any issues regarding usage of 192.168.l.l below in comments.